[Gllug] email like distro (think =~ s/smoothwall/smoothemail/g)

Xander D Harkness xander at harkness.co.uk
Fri Apr 25 15:30:07 UTC 2003

John Hearns wrote:

>On Fri, 2003-04-25 at 15:35, Xander D Harkness wrote:
>

>>John Hearns wrote:
>>

>>Is the email server freely distributable?  You do not see much of it about?
>>

>No, its not.
>http://www.suse.co.uk/uk/business/products/suse_business/openexchange/index.html
>
>But let's be realistic here - this is a commercial product, offering
>what many businesses want - to pay at a reasonable level for support of
>a business critical application.
>
>SuSE have taken free components - the base Linux kernel and GNU
>utilities, IMAP server, Postfix etc. etc. and put them together with
>their own Perl scripts for an administration front end, and a
>groupware/calendaring program. I see nothing wrong with that - they are
>adding to the free software parts, and charging for support.

I have no problems with that at all.  It does not mention anywhere on
their website regarding this products ability to sync with Palm or
Zaurus.  (At least nowhere that I could find, and I emailed them last
week and have had no response)

Is anyone aware of an open source Groupware project that allows sync to
PDA?  We are currently using PHPGroupware and it was suggested last
year; however nothing seems to have come of it.  I have suggested we pay
someone to do it; however I have yet to propose it to the project members.

Kind regards
Xander

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk