[Gllug] Broadband with PlusNet

John Hearns jhearns at freesolutions.net
Tue Apr 8 12:02:26 UTC 2003

On Tue, 2003-04-08 at 12:54, Tethys wrote:

> John Hearns writes:
>
> >Envy. My line failed the BT tests.
>
> I didn't take the chance. I ordered a new line, and at the time of
> order, told them that it was for ADSL, and that if they installed
> something that wasn't suitable for ADSL, they'd be giving me a full
> refund. Fortunately, it all worked fine...

Truth be told, I wonder how these line tests are physically done.
I really wonder if in my case they've just taken a line length from a
GIS database. And as this line number was moved from another house, I
wonder how accurate that is.

Exposing my ignorance, how much is the install and rental on a second
line?

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk