[Gllug] Windows Petrol Pump

t.clarke tim at seacon.co.uk
Thu Apr 17 09:26:58 UTC 2003

Thought this was quite amusing and shows how all-pervasive Windoze appears to
have become:

This morning whilst filling up my car at the 'self-serve' petrol pump the
little screen displayed (half way through filling up) :
American Megatrends  bios  etc etc
Windows has been shut down improperly ..
Running Scan Disc ...
Choice of Starting in Safe mode etc ....

It remains to be seen whether the thing charges to my credit card:
a) the correct amount
b) nothing
c) some huge sum !

It seems incredible to me that anyone would use something as unstable, or over-
the-top, as Windows to run a simple Petrol Pump !!

Tim

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk