[Gllug] Windows Petrol Pump

Rev Simon Rumble simon at rumble.net
Thu Apr 17 09:39:45 UTC 2003

On Thu 17 Apr, t.clarke bloviated thus:

> It remains to be seen whether the thing charges to my credit card:
> a) the correct amount
> b) nothing
> c) some huge sum !
d) Your credit card is now 0wn3d by 3vi1 haxx0rs

> It seems incredible to me that anyone would use something as unstable, or over-
> the-top, as Windows to run a simple Petrol Pump !!

I was more worried upon stepping into a lift and seeing a BSOD on the
lift's screen instead of anything useful.  Fortunately it seemed the
Windows stuff was only driving some sort of information/advertising
system rather than driving the lift.

--
Rev Simon Rumble <simon at rumble.net>
www.rumble.net

 "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long
  plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men
  die like dogs. There's also a negative side."
- Hunter S. Thompson

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk