[Gllug] OT how the hell do I enable my floppy drive

Tethys tet at accucard.com
Mon Apr 7 09:02:45 UTC 2003

Jim Bailey writes:

>strange question I know but does any one have experience of IBM's
>NetVista BIOS options?

Yes. It's a pain in the ass -- one of the worst BIOSen I've come across.

>However I can not find a way to enable the floppy in the BIOS looks
>like it may of shipped that way since it looks like a corporate
>desktop. Has anyone out there got any ideas or confirm my worst
>fears?

No, sorry. However, unless you want to boot from a floppy, you don't
need support in the BIOS. For regular use, copying files to and from
floppies, the BIOS isn't used. BTW, while we're on the subject, does
anyone know how to set a BIOS password on the NetVista?

Tet

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk