[Gllug] [ot] recommend adsl

Daniel Andersson daniel at septum.org
Wed Apr 9 14:09:00 UTC 2003

hiya people

i'm sure this has been discussed before, but thought i'd ask and get an
up-to-date answer

going to get adsl for our newly opened office in london
we're looking to start with 512kbit adsl (and then with some luck upgrade to
1-2mbit)

1. which company provide a RELIABLE adsl business connection WITH a static
ip(s) in london?
2. should i get them to provide a adsl modem for me or is it easier/better
to get one myself?
2a. if i get one myself, what should i go for? i want to be able to plug a
cat5 into this modem. that's it. no firewalling, no NATing (this is all done
by our office firewall)

thanks in advance

/ d

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk