[Gllug] OT: Recommend a laser printer repair shop in london

Mike Brodbelt mike at coruscant.demon.co.uk
Fri Apr 25 20:39:04 UTC 2003

On Fri, 2003-04-25 at 12:37, ben f wrote:
> Hi
>
> I know it's OT but this is a London user group so I'm
> trying my luck.
>
> I have a laserjet 4p that keeps giving me paper jam
> messages when all is well (no paper jammed, back door
> closed and a moderate amount of paper in the tray).
>
> I think it needs a look from someone qualified and
> possibly may need the sensor replacing.

Quite probable. If you feel up to spending a little time taking it apart
and fixing it yourself, try getting a kit from www.fixyourownprinter.com
- the 4p paper jam kit is at http://www.fixyourownprinter.com/kkh1.html

I have a laserjet 4 that I repaired with one of their kits a while ago -
picked up a broken printer that would otherwise have been chucked out,
and repaired it with a kit that cost me less than 30 quid. It did take
me several hours disassembling and reassembling the printer, but their
video CD goes thourgh it in detail, and it wasn't hard.

HTH,

Mike.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk