[Gllug] MPlayer plugin problem

Richard Turner richard at rj-turner.freeserve.co.uk
Tue Apr 29 22:34:40 UTC 2003

Hi,

I've just installed the RH9 MPlayer Plugin RPM and it appears to be working
for most file types.  I've not done thorough tests, but I have noticed that
it's not working for ASF and WMV files - instead of handing the URL off to
MPlayer, Mozilla displays a load of garbage.

I know that it's not MPlayer misbehaving because if I download the file and
open it with MPlayer it plays fine.  Mozilla's about:plugins shows that
mplayer-plugin support for these files types is present and enabled.

Does anyone have any ideas about how I can solve this?

Cheers,

Richard.

--
Richard Turner

"Racing turtles, the grapefruit is winning..."

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk