[Gllug] Bringing home the revolution

Alan Peery peery at io.com
Sat Apr 19 23:00:08 UTC 2003

Adrian McMenamin wrote:

>Where I work the sysadmin runs a Windows
>network, and he's quite good at it - but he's resistant to the way I have
>brought a couple of 'nix servers (reusing old hardware, so costing little but
>my time), because he thinks it's a far more "difficult" technology and what
>if I feel under a bus ---- who would handle the squid server then?

This is could be simple.  Grow his contact list.

1) Make sure he knows that the GLLUG mailing list is out there, and some
are reasonable human beings who would be happy to sanity check the
recommendations of any Linux consultant required.
2) Find a time to go to lunch, and invite a fellow GLLUGer along.  Do it
over Friday, with a beer and pick up the lunch.

Alan

Alan Peery -- peery at io.com
Mankind is led into the darkness beyond our world by the inspiration
of discovery and the longing to understand.  Our journey into space
will go on.  -- President Bush, Feb 1 2003

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk