[Gllug] Mysql Configure problem

Andy Loates andy at the-bizz.demon.co.uk
Mon Apr 7 18:00:54 UTC 2003

Hi guys,

I,m wondering if any of you out there can help me on this.

I'm trying to install Mysql-3.23.52 from a tarball on a pretty standard
Red Hat 8.0 installation. When I run the configure command:

# LDFLAGS="static" ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/mysql_3.23.52
--localstatedir=/usr/local/mysql/var/

I get the following error message:

checking for mawk... no
checking for gawk... gawk
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for C compiler default output... configure: error: C compiler
cannot create executables

Now i've installed the same tarball on 2 Red Hat 7.1 boxes with no
problem at all. Have I not got a specific library installed. I've re-run
RH8 install to make sure i have ALL Languages and associated Development
rpm's installed but still no joy.

Grateful for any help that you can give.

Regards

Andy

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk