[Gllug] gcc

Nix nix at esperi.demon.co.uk
Wed Aug 6 19:56:14 UTC 2003

On Mon, 4 Aug 2003, Andrew Halliwell said:
> And verily, didst Richard Jones announce to the hordes:
>>
>> On Fri, Aug 01, 2003 at 12:59:22PM +0100, Andrew Halliwell wrote:
>> > The only time gdb fails is when your program fails with a segfault due to a
>> > null pointer reference. (cos I think pointers are never null when gdb
>> > handles them, or something).
>>
>> Hmmm ... I would hope that gdb can handle this case!
>
> Well. there's SOMETHING like that (or was anyway)...

I'd not be remotely surprised by *that*. GDB has had an extremely, um,
chequered history of weird bugs. Even now its threading and C++
namespace support is shoddy, and I've seen *strange* bugs on SPARC64.

--
`That sound you hear is configure wailing, "MY PRECIOUSSSSSSSS!" as it
 overwrites Multilib with Primary.' --- Phil Edwards

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk