[Gllug] [Slightly OT] Good coffee beans

Juan AMIGUET K995263 at atlas.kingston.ac.uk
Thu Aug 14 10:20:58 UTC 2003

Regarding [Gllug] [Slightly OT] Good coffee b Rev Simon Rumble Wrote on 14 Aug 2003, at 11:08:

I do not know about the fair tradeness of it but illy do coffe beans
and is ussually quite good. You may be paying extra, but it is true
that a good coffee in the morning is one of those small pleasures in
life.

Fair tradeness info on:

http://www.illy.com/Illy_En/Company/illy+group/Values.htm

> My employer has just bought one of those excellent automatic espresso
> machines.  After a year and a half of execrable Dutch filter coffee, I
> now have a good reason to come into work of a morning.  This is one of
> those "whole beans and water in, espresso out" machines, does the
> whole process at the push of a button.  Most impressive.
>
> Now the first lot of beans they bought were Sainsbury's brand ones.
> Not bad but not great.  The next lot they bought off the canteen
> upstairs and they're high caffeine, dark roast, bitter-as-all-hell
> beans.  Not that keen on this type of coffee.
>
> So can anyone suggest a good supplier of freshly roasted, flavoursome
> coffee beans?  Ideally with a fair trade option.  If location is
> important, we're in Wembley, NW London.
>
> --
> Rev Simon Rumble <simon at rumble.net>
> www.rumble.net
>
> Democracy is the worst form of Government except all those
> other forms that have been tried from time to time.
>
> - Winston Churchill

Juan Amiguet Vercher
Where is my mind?

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk