[Gllug] [Slightly OT] Good coffee beans

Xander D Harkness xander at harkness.co.uk
Thu Aug 14 10:24:41 UTC 2003

Rev Simon Rumble wrote:

>My employer has just bought one of those excellent automatic espresso
>machines.  After a year and a half of execrable Dutch filter coffee, I
>now have a good reason to come into work of a morning.  This is one of
>those "whole beans and water in, espresso out" machines, does the
>whole process at the push of a button.  Most impressive.
>
>Now the first lot of beans they bought were Sainsbury's brand ones.
>Not bad but not great.  The next lot they bought off the canteen
>upstairs and they're high caffeine, dark roast, bitter-as-all-hell
>beans.  Not that keen on this type of coffee.
>
>So can anyone suggest a good supplier of freshly roasted, flavoursome
>coffee beans?  Ideally with a fair trade option.  If location is
>important, we're in Wembley, NW London.

Have a look at Taylors coffee, they are part of the Betty's Tea shops
(Harrogate and Leeds)  they buy and process their own tea and coffee and
have some fabulous:

http://www.feelgoodcoffee.co.uk/frame.asp
http://www.bettysbypost.co.uk/Bettys_wcs30/index.asp

If you do put a company order in try to get some of the Tea Cake :-)

Kind regards
Xander

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk