[Gllug] Forged emails

David Damerell damerell at chiark.greenend.org.uk
Thu Aug 21 22:45:01 UTC 2003

On Thursday, 21 Aug 2003, Chris Bell wrote:
>person's mailbox. Sending a denial to the postmaster, together with a copy
>of their header, (and a comment about a well known operating system), has
>resulted in bounces back. I have no wish to be blacklisted because of junk
>mail sent by somone else, but what can I do if the posmaster does not
>receive mail?

Often <abuse at example.com> works; or you could take a look at
<http://www.rfc-ignorant.org> (note however that they consider that
mail to postmaster may be bounced under certain conditions such as
being from a known open relay.)

Out of interest, what was the bounce message you received?

--
David Damerell <damerell at chiark.greenend.org.uk> Distortion Field!

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk