[Gllug] [mildly OT] minimal adsl routers?

Rev Simon Rumble simon at rumble.net
Tue Aug 12 15:33:45 UTC 2003

On Tue 12 Aug, Nix bloviated thus:

> The closest I've found so far is the Thomson SpeedTouch 510 v4, which
> has a `DHCP spoofing' option which looks like it might do what I'm
> looking for. But it means I have to fire off DHCP requests, which
> strikes me as total bloody overkill, given that I'll be getting static
> IP on the ADSL link so my externally visible IP address will be
> unchanging.

I have a Thomson SpeedTouch 530 which allows you to turn off all its
gumpf.  It also does a load of potentially useful stuff.

However, I suspect the 510 would have a smaller feature set but allow
it all to be turned off, like you want.

--
Rev Simon Rumble <simon at rumble.net>
www.rumble.net

 "The surest way to make a monkey of a man is to quote him."
- Robert Benchley