[Gllug] [mildly OT] minimal adsl routers?

Rich Walker rw at shadow.org.uk
Tue Aug 12 15:35:03 UTC 2003

David Damerell <damerell at chiark.greenend.org.uk> writes:

> On Tuesday, 12 Aug 2003, Nix wrote:
> >But the only ADSL ethernet devices I've come across so far (all
> >admittedly cheapo ones bought by and for others) are these hulking great
> >feature-ridden monstrosities that provide primitive NAT, equally
> >primitive firewalling and so on, and normally don't provide a way of
> >turning the NAT and firewalling *off*.
>
> What about the AMX CA61E?
>
> <http://adslguide.org.uk/hardware/reviews/2002/q1/amx-ca61e.asp>
>
> We have one; they're cheap as dirt, and as far as I can see all the
> NAT and port blocking junk can be turned off.

I've got something made by Conexant or Hasbani. It calls itself an ADSL
Modem Router. It has all sorts of fine features, which I have turned
off. I think it cost 60-80 quid from Aria or Scan. It actually has
1*usb, 1*Ethernet, 1*ADSL port. (No filters).

cheers, Rich.

rich walker         |  Shadow Robot Company | rw at shadow.org.uk
www.shadow.org.uk/products/newhand.shtml

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk