[Gllug] [mildly OT] minimal adsl routers?

Richard Cohen richard at vmlinuz.org
Wed Aug 13 15:48:08 UTC 2003

On Wed, 13 Aug 2003, Nix wrote:

> On Wed, 13 Aug 2003, David Damerell uttered the following:
[snip]
> > A few other chiark types (who are likely to have similar requirements)
> > have CA61Es and haven't mentioned any woes.
>
> That's good enough for me, I'd say.
>
> (The only problem is getting anything out of bloody Dabs. Everything
> I've ordered from them so far has never turned up...)

Me being the mug I am, I took David's advice literally and bought one of
these from Dabs yesterday, about this time of day.  I paid the extra £4 for
next-day shipping (as opposed to 1-3 day) and it arrived at around 10am
today.  Seems like a decent little box, albeit with one or two of the
options a little obscurely-named...  I'm still working on exactly how my
network(s) looks with a different box doing the 'routing'...

Cheers
Richard

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk