[Gllug] Meaning of Amber

Christopher Hunter chrisehunter at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Aug 12 19:36:26 UTC 2003

On Tuesday 12 Aug 2003 5:37 pm, Xander D Harkness wrote:

> > I think that there is a general rule, 'The tram is never too close for
> > you to cross the tracks'.
>
> I was amazed that someone was killed by a tram in the first week of
> operation.  They are very large, noisy and do not move fast through
> pedestrian areas.  I would think that one would have to try very hard to
> get killed by a tram :-)
>
> Xander
>
> > Will (Tram user).

Just a few weeks ago, a single-decker bus jumped the lights on Lodge Lane in
Addington (at King Henry's Roundabout).  The tram that hit the bus (at about
25 mph) was derailed, and the bus was spun round through about 160 degrees!
The bus driver admitted responsibility at the scene of the crash.

Chris

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk