[Gllug] Blueyonder Telewest cable broadband

Richenberg, Alan Alan.Richenberg at canadalife.co.uk
Tue Aug 19 11:31:19 UTC 2003

I have bought a new Elinux machine from Evesham with Mandrake 9.1 installed.
This is for home use on a standalone basis. The man from Telewest is due to
come soon to give me cable broadband. I've asked for the network card option
(thanks for the advice Xander). As a novice I'd be grateful for advice on
what, if anything, I need to do pre-installation (I won't get any help from
Telewest man on Linux) and what the best security options are once the
connection is up.

Thanks, Alan