[Gllug] Sharing SMB mount over FTP

Axel Segebrecht axel at segebrecht.com
Sun Aug 24 12:35:48 UTC 2003

This maybe regarded as a newbie question but I'm not ashamed asking it
anyway ;D

I've got an iBook and a rh9 box which I use as my FTP server (vsFTP). I
would like to mount a folder from my iBook on the linux box to make it
acessible over FTP to a specific group.

Now, I create users and put them into - say - group "xray" and mount the
remote folder via samba (v3b).

So far so good but how do I make sure that this folder is read/writable
by the group over samba and FTP?

How do I set a local folder to be shared over FTP that is only acessible
to this group?

So far I've created a group - called "xray" - and asigned users to it.
Also created a folder in /mnt called "heaven" (don't ask).

MTIA :-)

Axel

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk