[Gllug] adsl/web cams

Xander D Harkness xander at harkness.co.uk
Wed Aug 27 17:22:58 UTC 2003

t.clarke wrote:

>Hi
>
>I am thinking of installing an ADSL connection at home, preferably on a linux
>box.  I hear that PlusNet offer a generally good service with the possibility
>to use an ethernet connection to the PC and a fixed IP address. Has anyone used
>them and if so what experience ??

plusnet will not answer the telephone, they will not respond to email
queries.  My mother had to cancel via her credit card company and let
them fight it out.  The only other answer would have been to take them
to court to get the cash back.

The kit that they sent out was in two lots, except that they sent the
same part of the kit twice and hence their records were complete while
we had parts missing.

I would not even go looking for a barge pole :-)

If you can afford the cash the axis cams work well, I was very
disappointed to see something that runs Linux only offer sound to MS
clients.

I have seen some multiple firewire setups using one machine, which
worked - mostly :-)

Have fun
Xander

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk