[Gllug] Cyclists (off topic)

Stephen Harker steve at pauken.co.uk
Tue Aug 12 11:40:15 UTC 2003

On Tuesday 12 August 2003 10:14, Mark Lowes wrote:
> On Mon, 2003-08-11 at 19:02, Xander D Harkness wrote:
> > coming back to my email where I suggested that pedestrians have a
> > identification plate attached to their back.  This might be a better
>
> How would this idea help a friend of my who was knocked over[1] by a
> cyclist going the wrong way down a one-way street.  Naturally the prat
> didn't stop to see if she was ok and continued on his merry way.

WRONG!

The reason why the guy didn't stop to see if she was OK was because he was a
prat as you said not because he was a cyclist. He could just as easily have
knocked into her whilst running on foot and not stopped.

> Cyclists (like their motorised friends who jump
> red lights and ignore signs) are inconsiderate morons who should be
> removed from the road as quickly as possible.

NO! NO! NO!

Inconsiderate morons are inconsiderate morons. Some ride bikes, some drive
cars and some populate mailing lists but it doesn't follow that all cyclists,
motorists or whatever are inconsideerate morons just because some behave that
way. Honestly are you just trolling or what?

SteveH

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk