[Gllug] Cyclists (off topic)

Jason Clifford jason at ukpost.com
Tue Aug 12 12:02:34 UTC 2003

On Tue, 12 Aug 2003, Peter Childs wrote:

> 	Most car drivers have not taken a test, in the last 20 years, have
> any formal training on modern roads. Even I who only took my test 2 years
> ago have seen my own driving go down hill.

Most car drivers (in fact all drivers bar those who obtained their
licenses prior to 1957 and a significant period prior to that with the
exception of the period 24/11/1956 - 15/4/1957 when the Suez crisis lead
to the suspension of testing) have been subject to the driving test and
can only drive unsupervised if they have passed the test.

> 	Most drivers will quite happerly drive just good enough not to get
> caught and not to bump into any other drivers. This is never up to the
> statndard implied by the highway code....
> 	Let him who is without fault be the first to judge.

Most drivers keep to a reasonable level of safety.

Jason Clifford
http://www.ukfsn.org/		ADSL Broadband available now

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk