[Gllug] Blueyonder Telewest cable broadband

Xander D Harkness xander at harkness.co.uk
Sat Aug 23 21:51:12 UTC 2003

Richard Jones wrote:

>On Sat, Aug 23, 2003 at 07:40:58PM +0100, Doug Winter wrote:
>

>>On Sat 23 Aug Peter Childs wrote:
>>

>>>	So who are the best ADSL ISPs Hopfully who activally support Linux
>>>	(of course) Don't only support the slowest speed. and are cheap.
>>>	I've seen them from ?15 to ?25 so what are peoples surgestions.
>>>

>>If you are on a central london exchange you might want to have a look at
>>Bulldog DSL:
>>
>>http://www.bulldogdsl.com
>>
>>They do very cheap off-peak ADSL - I've signed up for ?25 for 2Mbps
>>off-peak but it's not been enabled yet, so I can't say anything as to
>>quality.  Their support seems pretty dire so far though :)
>>

>I've got a friend who works for them, and they seem pretty well
>run (don't use them myself however). I'm surprised at the comment
>about bad support.

I would agree on the support front.  Their tech support when my brother
was getting his third ADSL line put in at work was terrible.  BT seemed
organised, efficient and honest in comparison.  (two of the support
engineers lied about when a fault was reported upstream to BT, resulting
in an additional weeks delay in the time taken to get the service up and
running).

If he had the choice again he would not use them.

Have fun :-)
Xander

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk