[Gllug] OT: European Power

andy at mac1systems.com andy at mac1systems.com
Tue Aug 26 18:57:12 UTC 2003

> Completely off topic, but figured someone here would know.  How safe is
> it to  use an el cheapo European power adapter?  Going on holiday, and
> was going to  take my shiny new ipod, but don't want to fry it!
Its all 230/240 volts in europe so whats the problem?  Unless its so cheap
they connect the earth to the live you should be ok?  I'm sure even the
Greeks have ipods (please don't let there be any Greeks on the list who
take offence :)  )

And I'm sure your power adaptor will take care of any voltage
fluctuations.  See what it says on it.  Probably something like 110v-250v,
50-60Hz?

I think we are all going 230v soon anyway, resulting in considerable
reduction in the life of bulbs and other devices designed to run at 240v!!

Andy

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk