[Gllug] Forged emails

Chris Bell chrisbell at overview.demon.co.uk
Thu Aug 21 21:12:07 UTC 2003

Hello
   I have received a few bounce messages from unknown sites claiming that
they have received emails from my address, which was of course forged. I
understood that emails to the "postmaster" should be received at a real
person's mailbox. Sending a denial to the postmaster, together with a copy
of their header, (and a comment about a well known operating system), has
resulted in bounces back. I have no wish to be blacklisted because of junk
mail sent by somone else, but what can I do if the posmaster does not
receive mail?

--
Chris Bell

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk