[Gllug] Switch

Xander D Harkness xander at harkness.co.uk
Wed Aug 6 21:57:22 UTC 2003

Simon Faulkner wrote:

>I am going to buy a new switch for my home network
>
>probably 16 port 10/100
>
>what recommends/avoids would you point out?
>
>Simon

I have a couple of 8 port netgears, a 24 port netgear, I used to use a
24 port netgear, all have performed flawlessly.  I also have a 12 port
3com which is switched off as it refused to speak to anything else at a
speed greater than 10baseT (it is a 100baseT switch)

I am using a few HP procurve switches at one of the sites I over see.
Someone managed to crash the switches by linking two together - twice
:-)  Once they only had one cable between them they were much happier.

Kind regards
Xander

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk