[Gllug] Switch

Rich Walker rw at shadow.org.uk
Wed Aug 6 14:22:34 UTC 2003

Richard Jones <rich at annexia.org> writes:

> On Wed, Aug 06, 2003 at 10:48:51AM +0100, Simon Faulkner wrote:
> > I am going to buy a new switch for my home network
> >
> > probably 16 port 10/100
> >
> > what recommends/avoids would you point out?
>
> I've pretty much settled on using Netgear for all my switch / hub /
> wireless kit at home. It works and isn't very expensive.

I've actually got a number of the SCAN own-brand switches. Solid metal
case, internal psu - so just needs a kettle lead - and so on. Only thing
that has problems with them is TI ThunderLan 10baseT-only cards - so I
have them on a hub, poor things...

cheers, Rich.

rich walker         |  Shadow Robot Company | rw at shadow.org.uk
www.shadow.org.uk/products/newhand.shtml