[Gllug] Exchange -> IMAP

Stephen Harker steve at pauken.co.uk
Mon Aug 18 17:24:31 UTC 2003

On Monday 18 August 2003 15:42, Tethys wrote:
> Anyone have experience of migrating users from Exchange to a Unix based
> IMAP solution? In particular, how do you go about migrating existing
> mailboxes out of Exchange and into the IMAP server (we haven't decided
> which one yet, but Sendmail is looking like a frontrunner at the moment)?
> Can exchange export mailboxes in a sane format? Failing that, can any of
> the Unix IMAP servers import PST files?

I have moved multiple users from one IMAP server to another by using imapcp

http://www.jplanglois.com/products/imapcp/

It recursively reads folders and emails from one IMAP server and creates the
same structure on the new server. It doesn't need to run on the servers
themselves, it just opens up two IMAP sessions from any client machine.

So I guess you could do the same with Exchanges IMAP service.

You're thinking of using Sendmail for IMAP???? I thought it was just an MTA.

SteveH

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk