[Gllug] IPCop and address aliases

Chris Bell chrisbell at overview.demon.co.uk
Sat Aug 9 00:05:06 UTC 2003

On Fri 08 Aug, Michael wrote:

> Hello
>
> I have recently had some problem with configuring use of A class address
> with my IPCop router. My POP adress is 217.169.1.84, but I have extra
> addresses for us e with servers and stuff, and I seem to be stuck only
> with a single address on a wan, and had to port forward to the subnet.

   Sorry but I am not sure what you are trying to do, and what hardware you
are trying to configure. I see that your email has arrived via
dsl.pipex.com, although through several stages. You say you have an IPCop
router plus extra servers, but how are they connected? Does the router have
two interfaces, one facing the internet and another facing an internal
network? Each interface has its own IP address.
   There are some excellent Guides, HOWTOs and MINI-HOWTOs at

http://tldp.org

--
Chris Bell

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk