[Gllug] [mildly OT] minimal adsl routers?

Chris Bell chrisbell at overview.demon.co.uk
Sun Aug 17 11:52:23 UTC 2003

On Thu 14 Aug, Jonathan Dye wrote:

> Chris Bell wrote:
> > On Wed 13 Aug, Jonathan Dye wrote:
> >>

> >    Are you far from the exchange?
>
> I don't know how far I am from the exchange.

   Quoting from my notes, (but I have not tried it recently):

You can check by dialling 17070 and following the prompts (this assumes you
are on a BT line. AFAIK it doesn't work on cable) dial 3 then 1 then 2 and
hang up.

Also be aware that if you have a permanent 'number withheld' on your phone
line, you'll need to dial 1470 before 17070 otherwise the exchange doesn't
know the number to call you back on.

A word about filters - don't forget that your sky box, if you have one, will
need to be fed from a filtered output.

   (There appears to be a problem upstream from me, and I have not received
mail for a while, although I understand that mail is getting out from here).

--
Chris Bell

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk