[Gllug] Cyclists (off topic)

John Hearns jhearns at micromuse.com
Mon Aug 11 10:18:03 UTC 2003

Chris Bell wrote:

>   Beware, Richmond Park is notorious for hidden speed traps, there is a
>30mph speed limit, and you can get done on a pedal cycle, even gaining
>points on a standard driving licence.

Speed limits do not apply to pedal cycles - since there is no
requirement to fit a reliable speedometer,
as on a car or motor cycle. And bikes were around long before speed limits!

But you are right - you can be done for 'riding fast and furiously'.
And I guess that there might be special by-laws in a Royal Park - am I
right?

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk