[Gllug] Exchange -> IMAP

Richard Cohen richard at vmlinuz.org
Mon Aug 18 16:24:14 UTC 2003

On Mon, 18 Aug 2003, Jason Clifford wrote:

> On Mon, 18 Aug 2003, Paul Nasrat wrote:
>
> > I had a quick look when considering migrating Groupwise, and they did
> > the replication, but if you want more than email preservation - ie
> > calendar, tasks,  and other groupware components you will probably end
> > up doing this for each user individually.
> >
> > You might want to look at opengroupware.org, for groupware, I've heard
> > people getting enthused about it recently.
>
> Has anyone had a look at Kolab - the German govt. sponsored attempt to
> write a complete replacement?

Only in the sense of attending Bo's talk on it at Edinburgh.  Apart from the
minor issue of it being very focussed around kmail/kontact as a client -
albeit with open protocols - and my not being a KDE user, it looked really
interesting and useful.  They have been very focussed on the features
needed to complete their first contract to work on it, so it's a little
biased for and against certain things - it's close to bespoke in some ways.
They do plan - depending partly on what money they can get to do so - to
work on extending it...

> Jason Clifford

Cheers
Richard