[Gllug] British Postal Codes

Tethys tet at createservices.com
Fri Aug 8 17:48:14 UTC 2003

Richard Jones writes:

>Is this some sort of devious spam or scam???

Nope. Looks like a genuine question to me. However, I've noticed an
increase in useless spam of late. No, I mean *really* useless. More
so than normal spam. I've been getting some that just consist of
a random bunch of words (in HTML, or course). It's like someone's
written a program to pick random lines from /usr/share/dict/words,
and stick them in an email to me. The most perplexing thing is that
there's no breast/penis enlargement, investment opportuntiy, access
to sex sites or reinforced conrete that I'm meant to be buying. I'm
confused as to how they expect to get money out of mailing me, when
they don't even provide contact details...

Anyone else seen this?

Tet

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk