[Gllug] OT'ish: BBC News Coverage and Sobig Virus

Doug Winter doug at pigeonhold.com
Fri Aug 22 18:03:13 UTC 2003

On Fri 22 Aug Paul Lee wrote:
> I reckon the MS spin department must work overtime keeping their name
> from being associated with the bad news. Odd how "investigative"
> journalism is suspended when another Microsoft, and only Microsoft
> products cause massive problems yet again.

Nah.  Journalists are clueless.  Most of them probably don't know there
*are* any other operating systems.  Certainly most journalists I've met
knew precisely nothing of the subject on which they wrote.

I remember confronting one about this, and he claimed this was the whole
point - a journalist should be able to write an article on something
about which they know nothing at the drop of a hat.

At which point I mostly stopped watching the news and reading the papers
:)

doug.

--
6973E2CF print 2C95 66AD 1596 37D2 41FC  609F 76C0 A4EC 6973 E2CF
"Poets have been mysteriously silent on the subject of cheese."