[Gllug] Cyclists (off topic)

Andrew Halliwell ah at gnd.com
Tue Aug 12 09:46:38 UTC 2003

And verily, didst Jason Clifford announce to the hordes:
> > I have insurance.  It's not expensive and it covers my bike for theft
> > too, which is far more likely.
>
> Is holding such insurance common?
>
> Lots of cyclists rely upon their contents insurance for theft cover. There
> is no third party cover in that.

I got Halfords insurance on the bike I got from there in february...
Then last month I got a letter saying the agreement with the insurance
company had fallen through and they wouldn't be charging me for the next
quarter's insurance as it'd lapse...

2 weeks later, my bike got nicked. 1 week after the insurance expired.

I've not bothered this time, yet.
Oh, and my household insurance wasn't worth claiming on, cos that has an
excess of 100 quid. (The bike + accessories only came to about 120)

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk