[Gllug] ADSL, IPCOP and a Allied Telesyn dsl router/bridge

Ashley Evans k0210244 at kingston.ac.uk
Mon Aug 11 14:38:06 UTC 2003

Hi guys I have a problem with a friends set home network. He currently has a
Allied Telesyn router doing NAT, we installed an ipcop box wth the aim of
setting up VPN and Traffic Shaping etc, to being with se set the default gw
on the ipcop box to the dsl router. However we need the RED interface of the
ipcop box to get an external IP address, I believe this is where setting the
dsl router to bridge mode comes in. Is this assumption correct? If so does
anybody have an idea of the setting required on ipcop and the router/bridge.

Thanks for any info,

Ashley

Allied Telesyn AR-240e supports:

RFC 1483 Encapsulation (IP, Bridgeing & encapsulated routing)
PPPoA & PPPoE
RFC 1577 Classical IP (IP over ATM)

It has both usb and ethernet connection, we're using the ethernet. I'm unsure
if linux supports this device over usb.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk