[Gllug] Thanks to Tushar for Friday's talk

Richard Huxton dev at archonet.com
Mon Dec 8 11:41:27 UTC 2003

Just a quick "thank you" to Tushar Joshi for his PG vs MySQL talk on Saturday.
It was my first visit to a gllug meeting, and next time I hope to have time
to meet and chat with some people. Unfortunately, I had to dash in and out of
this one.

I've not looked deeply into the changes in MySQL 4.x, so that was most useful
to hear about.

PS - for the gent wanting to know where to start with PG documentation there
are a few places to start:

Main website
http://www.postgresql.org/

Community docs
http://techdocs.postgresql.org/
There are notes here on converting to/from Access/MySQL/Oracle, as well as
general guides.

General Bits
http://www.varlena.com/varlena/GeneralBits/
A user-created site with weekly(ish) summaries of mailing list issues.
There's also a good introduction to performance tuning at
http://www.varlena.com/varlena/GeneralBits/Tidbits/index.php

Mailing Lists
http://www.varlena.com/varlena/GeneralBits/Tidbits/index.php
The novice / general lists are probably the place to start. You can usually
find me hanging out on the general/sql lists.

--
  Richard Huxton
  Archonet Ltd

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk