[Gllug] Hardware problems

Jeremy Booth jeremy at computerbooth.com
Wed Dec 10 13:24:59 UTC 2003

James said:
> Jon Dye wrote:
>>
>> Anyone know what sort of temperature a Athlon 1.3GHz should run at?
>>

> My 2100+ runs quite happily at around 45 C, up to 50 C during a heavy
> quake session. Athlon temperatures seem to vary pretty wildly, but
> anything under 70 C should be considered OK.

To prove the point about athlon tempurature inconsistancies, my 2100 would
go totaly unstable above around 60 C, but was perfectly stable under it, I
ended up with a coolermaster something or other fan for 2700+ to get the
temp down, I admit it's quite warm in that room and the system temp was
often >40C, but athlons do vary temp wise. I also had troubles with my
athlon 1ghz till I upgraded the HSF, with both of them running i'm sure I
would break several health and safty rules on noise :)

Jeremy

--

Homepage: http://www.computerbooth.com/
Codepage: http://www.newdawnsoftware.com/