[Gllug] [OT] Blackberries (was Re: Mozilla Address Book)

Simon Morris simon.morris at westbourne-terrace.com
Mon Dec 1 07:30:08 UTC 2003

----QUOTE----
[Sent by: gllug-bounces at linux.co.uk ]
>--------------------------
>Sent from my BlackBerry Wireless Handheld

Are these any good?

--
Richard
----UNQUOTE----

Not bad at all. This one is provided by the company I'm currently working
for so I can't comment about the expense of running an individual one.

The only issue I have is that hitting reply results in an automatic top
post with the original message not editable!

A sane mailing list posting requires a copy n paste and some manual
(retarded) quoting tricks.

The signature that you quoted is server generated.

Battery life about 2 days and you can receive mail wherever you can get a
GSM/GPRS reception.

The new version has a colour screen, built in voice capability, and a 3rd
party telnet/ssh client which will be very handy. (Access to
mutt/bitchx/links etc)

Built in addressbook/calender/to do which are all quite useable

SM

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk