[Gllug] High resolution flat screens

Tethys tet at createservices.com
Mon Dec 8 18:17:52 UTC 2003

Jason Clifford writes:

>Isn't the point of a larger screen that you can see what is displayed
>without being right next to it?

To an extent. But our current Big Brother status screen is 1048 pixels
high at the moment, which none of the large screens that I've found
support. I'd expect a resolution at least comparable to that used
on a common desktop[1], and ideally much higher. But for some reason,
they don't seem to be commonly available. Being able to display
a lot of status information concurrently is a great assset. Even if
you can't see it all from far away, you can give a top level status
through use of colour, and then come closer to see the detail if
necessary.

Tet

[1] I run my desktop at 1920x1400, and I'd expect to be able to do the
    same or better with a large display screen. I'd settle for 1600x1200.
    But even that doesn't seem to be available.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk