[Gllug] High resolution flat screens

Jason Clifford jason at ukpost.com
Mon Dec 8 18:26:32 UTC 2003

On Mon, 8 Dec 2003, Tethys wrote:

> To an extent. But our current Big Brother status screen is 1048 pixels
> high at the moment, which none of the large screens that I've found
> support. I'd expect a resolution at least comparable to that used
> on a common desktop[1], and ideally much higher. But for some reason,
> they don't seem to be commonly available. Being able to display
> a lot of status information concurrently is a great assset. Even if
> you can't see it all from far away, you can give a top level status
> through use of colour, and then come closer to see the detail if
> necessary.
>
> Tet
>
> [1] I run my desktop at 1920x1400, and I'd expect to be able to do the
>     same or better with a large display screen. I'd settle for 1600x1200.
>     But even that doesn't seem to be available.

If the important display application only requires 1048 do you really
require a 1600 pixel high display?

Two of the large displays you mention will give in excess of 1280 pixels
height.

Jason Clifford
http://www.ukfsn.org/	   1Mb ADSL Broadband - just £27.50 / month
                            + Free Activation on all ADSL services