[Gllug] High resolution flat screens

Christopher Hunter chrisehunter at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Dec 8 21:00:14 UTC 2003

On Monday 08 Dec 2003 5:47 pm, Tethys wrote:
> I'm looking for a flat screen, like the subject says. Essentially, this
> is for a display screen that we can stick on the wall and show status
> from our monitoring systems, etc. I was somewhat stunned to find that
> all the large screens have crappy resolutions. Does anyone know of any
> that don't?

Nope.  Even the cheapest CRT will outperform the most expensive flat panels.

The resolution on small TFT screens (like in laptops) is OK-ish, but get any
bigger than 14", and the manufacturers yield-rate plummets (they make many
more duff ones than good ones), and the price rockets!

I researched flat-panel monitors extensively a month or two ago, and ended up
burying a CRT monitor into a wall!  NONE of them are any good (IMO).

Chris

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk