[Gllug] Hardware problems

Chris Bell chrisbell at overview.demon.co.uk
Wed Dec 10 12:10:50 UTC 2003

On Wed 10 Dec, Jon Dye wrote:

> Hi,
>

> Does anyone have any suggestions as to what else I can try to comfirm or
> deny that it is the motherboard?  Any one disagree with my diagnoses so far?
>
> Thanks,
>
> JD

   I have had similar problems caused by overheating. Check for CPU and PSU
fan operation, debris hidden behind the CPU cooling fan, or any other
components getting hot. You may need to oil the fan bearings.
   Also check for contact problems with disc drive PSU connection splitters,
I have had serious problems with failing connections on fans which have male
+ female connectors to tap into a power connection.

--
Chris Bell

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk