[Gllug] Controversial Joel Spolsky article

Doug Winter doug at pigeonhold.com
Tue Dec 16 08:15:11 UTC 2003

On Mon 15 Dec Christopher Hunter wrote:
> You're right - he's M$-centric.  You may well find that his column is
> financed by the folks from Redmond.  It's often difficult to find
> unbiased journalism in the world of computing......

I doubt it.  I've been reading Joel's columns for years, and they are
always interesting and insightful, even if I don't always agree.  He
certainly is a Windows fanboy, he was one of the team that wrote Excel,
one of the only decent pieces of software ever to come out of Redmond.

He's not unreasonably biased though, I've known some great engineers who
liked Windows.  Not many, but some.

doug.

--
6973E2CF print 2C95 66AD 1596 37D2 41FC  609F 76C0 A4EC 6973 E2CF
"If Darl McBride was in charge, he'd probably make marriage
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk