[Gllug] mp3 encoding from Real Player output

bradut at intelesuri.net bradut at intelesuri.net
Wed Dec 31 14:33:33 UTC 2003

On Wed, Dec 31, 2003 at 01:41:04PM +0000, Pete Ryland wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 30, 2003 at 11:20:48PM +0000, bradut at intelesuri.net wrote:
> > Happy Holidays everyone and an Excellent New Year to all of you !
>
> Likewise. :-)
>
> >[radio to mp3]
>
> Be aware that you will have significant loss of quality re-encoding from one
> lossy format to another.  Also, as others have said, use ogg vorbis instead
> of mp3.
>
> Anyway, as I have a dvb card (digital radio/tv reciever), if you tell me
> what station, I can record it for you if you'd like.

Thanks Pete, it's very nice of you to offer, but I don't think this can
be received outside their realplayer stream, it's a local fm music radio
station in Bucharest Romania (www.romanticfm.ro).
I think I'll be ok with vsound for now. As for the ogg format I'll learn
more about it in the new year for sure.

All the best,

Bradut
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk