[Gllug] Webmail on RaQ server

Peter Ball CFL at marguet-ball.com
Fri Dec 19 15:25:28 UTC 2003

On 19 Dec 2003 at 15:02, Jason Clifford wrote:

> On Fri, 19 Dec 2003, Peter Ball wrote:
>
> > Does anyone have any advice for a WebMail front end that I can run
> > on my RaQ box ?
> >
> > The box serves each mail box with pop3 and IMAP and smtp.
>
> What specifically do you want from the webmail system?

Simple front end for existing IMAP mail boxes would be favourite and using smtp for
outgoing

> How many users do you want to support? Are they all "real" users or
> are some virtual?

As many as possible but starting in tens and going upto a few hundred realistically.
They are all real users

> Do you want calendaring?

Not at present

> Do you want lightwight?

Yes

> Do you want something with filtering?

The option would be nice

> Do you want to be able to easily alter it?

At least the branding of the client side visible interface

> Do you have a language preference - ie perl or PHP?

Both are already installed but I've not used PHP before so I suppose I'd have a minor
preference for perl

> I'm currently using a couple of different webmail systems that seem to
> scale really well and offer a good set of features for what I need.
>
> Jason Clifford

Thanks

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk