[Gllug] Webmail on RaQ server

Jason Clifford jason at ukpost.com
Fri Dec 19 15:02:28 UTC 2003

On Fri, 19 Dec 2003, Peter Ball wrote:

> I know a lot of you don't like RaQ servers so lets take that as read :-)
>
> Does anyone have any advice for a WebMail front end that I can run on
> my RaQ box ?
>
> The box serves each mail box with pop3 and IMAP and smtp.

What specifically do you want from the webmail system?

How many users do you want to support? Are they all "real" users or are
some virtual?

Do you want calendaring?

Do you want lightwight?

Do you want something with filtering?

Do you want to be able to easily alter it?

Do you have a language preference - ie perl or PHP?

I'm currently using a couple of different webmail systems that seem to
scale really well and offer a good set of features for what I need.

Jason Clifford
http://www.ukfsn.org/	   1Mb ADSL Broadband - just £27.50 / month

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk