[Gllug] [OT] Largest mailbox EVER!

Pete Ryland pdr at accucard.com
Mon Dec 1 15:57:49 UTC 2003

On Wed, Nov 19, 2003 at 12:29:39PM +0000, Richard Jones wrote:
> > > Go and have a look at a man page on a plain ascii terminal, then on a
> > > terminal that supports vt100 and tell me there isn't more information
> > > on the vt100 terminal.
> >
> > Not more information - it's just easier to read.
>
> Bit of an academic argument anyway. If you have a recent version of
> tin (for news) or other mail readers, then they'll turn *bold* into
> actual bold text and /italic/ into italic and so on.

In case anyone wanted to know, a muttrc entry to do this (that works fairly
well for me, including some less-common cases) looks like:

color body brightwhite black '(^|\ )[*][^\ ][^*]*[^\ ][*]([\ ,.?!;]|$)'

One can do similarly for /blum/ and _frub_, but only to colour them, not to
underline or italicize them.

Pete

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk