[Gllug] High resolution flat screens

Jason Clifford jason at ukpost.com
Mon Dec 8 18:00:53 UTC 2003

On Mon, 8 Dec 2003, Tethys wrote:

> The best I've found so far is the Samsung SM241MP TFT screen, which
> will go up to 1920x1200. But it's only 24". The SM403T, in the same
> range is 40", but only goes up to 1280x768. WTF?
>
> For plasma screens, it's even worse. The 42" PPM4253 is 852x480, and
> the 50" PPM50H3 and the 63" PPM63H3 are both only 1366x768. Is there
> some reason that these screens a so low res compared to a decent CRT,
> or even to a modern laptop? It's not just Samsung, BTW, it's other
> makes as well.
>
> So does anyone know of a high res, reasonably large flat screen?

Are you really expecting to display images so small that you *need* high
resolution?

Isn't the point of a larger screen that you can see what is displayed
without being right next to it?

Jason Clifford
http://www.ukfsn.org/	   1Mb ADSL Broadband - just £27.50 / month
                            + Free Activation on all ADSL services